I tried sooo many different curling irons, wands, curlers, etc. before finally just caving in and purchasing the T3 Curling Wand. Because of the price tag on it, I was trying to find something comparable to it first. But all of the bloggers that I follow use this exact wand and their hair is always flawless. It looks amazing, and they all rave about it!! So after many trial and error runs, I just decided to spend the money because I knew it would be an investment in my hair and BOY am I glad I did. Oh my goodness.
I got my wand on eBay and spent a total of $100 with shipping. A new T3 retails for $270 and comes with 3 different attachments. I use the 1 inch attachment and knew that was the one I wanted, so that was the only one I’d need. I found another one on eBay for you guys that’s only $90 including shipping and that is a STEAL. I’ve linked it for you here! There’s only a few so when they sell, sorry if you missed it! But here is a link to all other T3 products on eBay. I have my eye on their straightener, too.
Best things about it:
It’s SO easy to figure out. I watched 1 tutorial and got it. Compare that to another where I had to watch at least 7 and still couldn’t figure it out. That might be a reflection on me more than the product itself, but I definitely prefer simplicity. If you’re a newbie like me, I recommend a heat resistant glove so you don’t accidentally burn yourself while you get used to the motion. I speak from experience.
I prefer a wand to an iron because for me, it’s easier to wrap my hair around than to clip it, pull it down and roll it up. One step = easy. Plus, my hair is layered so actual curling irons don’t work as well for me.
Here is the Tutorial video on how to use it. I’m sharing both a long version and a shorter version so you can decide which is better for you. The longer one has some of my tips throughout and the shorter one is just a sped up version of the process of using the wand to see the motion. There’s also a written How To below for anyone that doesn’t like videos All of the products that I use are linked below, including the same T3 that I use available on eBay!! Enjoy!
If you’re not a fan of videos, here is the written how to:
How to use it:
- Grab about a 1 inch piece of hair and comb it out
- Hold the iron with the barrel facing down and the cord end at the top (pictured above)
- Wrap the hair around the downturned wand AWAY from your face with the iron behind your head
- Hold there for 20 seconds
- Leg go of the hair voila: a curl!
- Once you’ve done your entire head, apply hair spray and let your hair sit for about 20 seconds without doing anything to it
- After the 20 seconds, flip your hair upside down and back up to loosen the curls (I do this twice, it’s your preference)
- Re-apply hairspray (optional) and you’re done!
Here is the after!
Click THIS LINK to get the same T3 I got for $90!!!
Click HERE for other T3 products at great prices