Mother’s Day has always been extra special in our house because my mom was born on Mother’s Day and her birthday is always within a few days of it since it changes every year. This year, it happens to fall on it again so my sister and I have been trying to figure out what we can get her for both!
The biggest problem is: what do you get for the woman who has given you everything but asks for nothing in return?! It’s so hard to shop for her for any holiday, let alone 2 at once. Typically, since our mom isn’t materialistic, we try to get her personalized things with special meaning because that’s her favorite kind of gift. We also love to get her things to spoil herself with, because she deserves it! She is an amazing mom and grandma to my nephews.
I’ve come up with a gift guide to help anyone else struggling with what to get your mom, because I know how hard it is!
- Purse & Wallet (both under $35!!) This is one of the things my sister and I got our mom. She saw it in the store and loved it, and it’s on BIG sale right now so I had to share it with you guys! The floral design is perfect for Spring & Summer.
- Make Up. My mom loves Bare Minerals. Pick your momma up her favorite brand of make up to save her some time. Or get her some of the stuff you love to use and let her try it out.
- Candle. We had candles burning constantly as a kid to keep our house smelling good. This candle smells amazing and I definitely recommend it.
- Anti-Aging products. Every mom wants youthful skin. Get her a skin care set to give her a nice glow.
- Pajamas. Who doesn’t love a nice pair of cute PJs?!
- Fun & Trendy Earrings. Does anyone else’s mom love vibrant things?? Bright colors and trendy tassles are a win-win.
- Nice Robe. I think everyone should invest in a great quality robe. I wear a robe every day, they’re so nice to have for around the house. This comes in a lot of colors but is selling out quickly!
- Travel Mug. I think mom’s are always focusing on functionality. Mine only has boring travel mugs. Get her a cute one to spice it up.
- Throw Pillow. Let her know how happy you are that she’s your mom! Our mom is out of wall space for pictures so we’ve moved on to her couch haha.
- Throw Blanket. Can one ever have TOO many throws? I don’t think so. You can stick with neutral colors OR get her a fun colorful one to add a pop to her living room.
- Personalize things: pillows, coffee mugs, blankets, jewelry. My mom loves things that are made special for her. Tip: Check out Etsy. They have such a wide variety of gift ideas, and plenty of them can be personalized! My sister got our mom some personalized throw pillows with my nephews names and my dogs names as her grandkids haha.
- Something she’ll use at home or on the go. Think of a nice throw for her living room or a nice travel coffee mug.
- A great book. Pick up something by her favorite author or from her favorite genre. If you’re unsure, ask your dad or check out her at-home library!
- Something related to a hobby. Gardening tools, cooking utensils, yoga gear, crafting supplies. Give her something to use while doing something she loves.
- A spa treatment. Every mom deserves to be pampered. Get her a gift certificate to treat herself, or better yet: book an appointment for the both of you and spend the day getting pampered together!
- Flowers or a potted plant. I send my mom flowers every year, but I know they don’t live too long. Think about getting her a bouquet of silk flowers that she can keep in the house, or a potted plant that will last a long time.
What are your Mother’s Day traditions?? I’d love to hear!
Have a wonderful weekend!