Happy Monday! This last week has been a pretty wild ride, so I apologize for no Work Wear Friday last week. A close friend of mine had emergency surgery and was staying with us for a few days after, AND we got a new puppy on Friday so it was just so much. If you want to see the new puppy, Finn, head over to my Instagram! I’ve shared a few pictures of him. He’s also sprinkled in to some of these pictures, and I’ve included one at the bottom as well!
This last Trunk Club box was full of some great Spring pieces. I liked how they all felt like they were along the same lines style wise. I got a new stylist as mine got promoted, and this was my first box from her. I thought she didn’t pretty well considering she had to use go off of Taylor’s previous notes.
I also really wanted to get outside for these pictures, but it rained all weekend. So we were in our lovely living room haha!
If you aren’t familiar with how Trunk Club works, here’s the run down:
What to expect:
- Instead of 5 items like Stitch Fix, most trunks ship with 10-15 items inside.
- Typically, you won’t switch your stylist. Once you’re matched with someone, she’ll be your go-to person.
- You can communicate with your stylist any time you want via email or over the phone. Yes, you read that right! You actually get to communicate with your stylist. This is probably my favorite feature of the service, and the biggest difference from any other I’ve seen.
- Everything in the box is from Nordstrom, which means you have access to some really wonderful, high-quality brands.
Getting Started with Trunk Club:
- Create a free Trunk Club profile. Whenever you’re ready, you can arrange to have your first trunk sent. Then the fun begins!
- You’ll be matched with your stylist, who will select a variety of items that she thinks are perfect for you based on your style profile and anything you’ve sent her.
- Once the styles are picked, your stylist will send you a preview of the whole Trunk. This is your chance to look over the items she has selected and give feedback. You can reject whatever you don’t like before it even ships. If something isn’t your style or is way out of your price range, let your stylist know. It’s much better to be honest with your stylist, whether about style or price of things. Their goal is to make you happy!
- Once you give your stylist feedback on your Trunk Preview, she will go back and begin filling your Trunk with new items to replace the pieces you rejected. You won’t get to see the new items before they ship, so there is still an element of surprise when your Trunk arrives.
- You can still change your mind. If for some reason, you preview your Trunk and don’t like what you see, you do have the option of cancelling the order.
Now that you’re all caught up on how Trunk Club works, let’s see what arrived in my Trunk this month!
The main piece I was excited for in this box was the Leopard print belt. I had gotten the cognac version in my last box and wanted something with a a bit more pop to add to my every day wardrobe. This belt is perfect for that.
I was not a fan of the overly ripped jeans, the striped blazer, or the blue and white striped dress. They did not do much for me at all. I think I would have liked the blazer if it fit me even remotely well. It was a small, but it was huge!! The dress was cute and I actually think it looks better in the pictures than it did in real life. I tried it on and Jake asked if I was going to churn some butter. It is cute and great for Spring but isn’t necessarily my style.
I did love the second pair of jeans, but I didn’t want to spend $98 on them. I’m very strict on my wedding budget right now, especially because we’re looking to buy a house as well so we’re saving up all we can in preparation for that.
The floral off-the-shoulder top was great, but I just wasn’t in love with it. I am determined not to buy things I don’t absolutely love. It was shown with it tied around the neck, but I actually preferred it tied in just a bow in the front.
I do love Vince Camuto, but I just don’t need these shoes. They’re a great neutral and a good height, but I just don’t need them. I’m also not a huge fan of espadrille type shoes, especially now that I put these on so many times with these outfits haha! The lace up feature did not feel like it kept them very secure. However, they were more comfortable than I expected them to be.
I did really like the white button down, but it was a bit too pricy to justify it. I’m hoping I can find a cheaper version of it somewhere because it’s great. The quality of the top was fantastic, but I didn’t want to pay $60 for it even though it was on sale.
I wanted to like the white dress because it was so comfortable, but it just didn’t do anything to flatter me really. And for any of my bridal events I’d rather wear something fun like one of the dresses from this post than something simple like this one.
I loved the grey dress, but it was a little snug for my taste so I think I may size up to a medium. I had requested a small and even that was too tight on my butt to feel comfortable wearing it at work. I do love the rushing detail though and think it’s very flattering!
Overall, I was pleased with this trunk, despite only keeping one thing. I enjoy trying things on in the Trunk and getting closer each time to finding another great piece to add to my closet.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!
SHOP THIS POST: